"This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
Thanks to a joint promotion through Platefull & Publix I am bringing you guys this exclusive Publix Recipe to you guys. My boys and myself loved it!! It was a super easy recipe to follow and it is certainly a different taste than your usual Chex Party Mix. Platefull provided me with all the ingredients needed and a Publix gift card for the perishable ingredients.
They want you to add some Tropical to your Christmas snacks. Try this and I am sure your family will like it too 🙂
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup shredded coconut, if desired
- 1 cup dried banana chips
- 1 package (7 oz) dried tropical fruit mix
- 1 jar (3 oz) macadamia nuts
- 3 tablesppons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup frozen (thawed) pineapple or orange juice concentrate
- In large, microwavable bowl, mix cereal, coconut, banana chips, tropical fruit mix and nuts.
- In microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar and pineapple juice concentrate. Microwave uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until hot; stir. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 6 to 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until mixture just begins to brown.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Heat over to 300°F. In ungreased large roasting pan, mix cereal, coconut, banana chips, tropical fruit mix and nuts. In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, brown sugar and pineapple juice concentrate over medium heat until hot. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Bake uncovered 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
How exciting right?? Why not click one of those share buttons below and let your friends know 🙂
Share your deals with the other Frugal Fans.
If you have liked what you saw today, Please Consider Signing up for our Daily Newsletter. Keep up to Date on all the Hot Deals. Sign Up Now