"This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
Homestyle Crockpot Chili with Dumplings
This is going to quickly become a favorite in my house. A very hearty and mild chili. Only a slight nip to it.
A combination of a few favorite crockpot recipes of mine, this will quickly become a favorite in your house too.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 oz.) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups Bisquick
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Sauté ground beef in heavy skillet with onions until the meat is brown, stirring to break up meat. Drain well.
- Mix all ingredients except cornstarch and water in 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours until vegetables are tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth and add to chili, stirring well.
- Combine the Bisquick, thyme, sage and rosemary and stir in the milk until the mixture is just moistened.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on to the hot chili, then cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the herb dumplings comes out clean.
- Uncover and cook for about 15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
How exciting right?? Why not click one of those share buttons below and let your friends know 🙂
Share your deals with the other Frugal Fans.
If you have liked what you saw today, Please Consider Signing up for our Daily Newsletter. Keep up to Date on all the Hot Deals. Sign Up Now